Tasting Room Associate / Bartender
20 Deep Winery is looking for energetic people with a passion for food & wine to join our hospitality team at our Tasting Room in Mendon, NY. The Tasting Room Sales Associate is a key position in our Hospitality Team. Encompassing both hospitality and wine sales, this position cultivates long-term customer relationships that generate repeat business, club acquisition and brand loyalty. The most important part of this position is having a positive personality, hospitality instincts and to genuinely enjoy working with people. We will teach you the food and wine skills you need, although prior wine and winemaking experience is preferred.
- Two years guest service/hospitality preferred.
- Able to stand, walk, bend for extended periods of time.
- A true desire to satisfy the needs of others in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills with a warm attitude.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Maintains an optimistic approach with a can-do, results oriented mindset.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Greet all visitors warmly, engaging them in the story of the 20 Deep brand.
- Ensure that every guest has a relaxed tasting experience and leaves with an unpretentious impression of our wines and our brand.
- Accurately enters orders into the Point of Sales System
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a high level of detail and customer service.
- Cleaning and maintaining the aesthetics of the winery with an impeccable eye for detail.
- Restocking of wine and merchandise into the Tasting Room (required the ability to move 40lb wine cases).
- Assess customer preferences and make wine recommendations.
- Check identification to verify legal age requirements for all customers.
- Opening and closing the tasting room bar; handling cash register, setup and breakdown of tables and chairs, ensuring quality of wines poured, and all items related to Tasting Room operations.
- Complete assigned side-work and related cleaning duties before, during and after shift.
OTHER DESIRED TRAITS
- Demonstrate outstanding customer service skills, especially when dealing with difficult situations.
- Demonstrate ability to use soft-sell tactics to increase wine sales, spend per guest, and club acquisition levels.
- Demonstrate a drive for continuous improvement. Take the lead in deepening your knowledge of our wines, our brand, high-touch hospitality, and effective sales strategies.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Sales performance during hours worked (e.g., dollars per visitor, wine sales & wine club membership sign ups)
HOURS AND COMPENSATION
- Part-time employment
- Availability required on Saturdays and/or Sundays.
- Competitive hourly rate $12 +Tip Pool (average $15-$18 per hour)